The {GTB} Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{GTB} NQ 1.2.3
Poll

Do you prefer 8 bots or 12 bots?

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_lcap57%Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_rcap 57% [ 20 ]
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_lcap20%Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_rcap 20% [ 7 ]
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_lcap23%Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Vote_rcap 23% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 35

Gallery

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Empty
Latest topics
» Nostalgia Dive
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyMon May 01, 2023 1:41 am by {GTB} Senorankka

» Good ol' days
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Just for fun
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 pm by {GTB} Bloodyfin

» {GTB} FailWizArd
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Hackusation!!!
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Whats your internet speed
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm by rathi91

» crimbo
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 pm by {GTB} buntski

» O my terribly god,
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:22 am by {GTB} Nodrog

» Power out - Official Goodbye :]
Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 am by {GTB} birra

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :)

4 posters

Go down

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Empty Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :)

Post  {GTB} URmS Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 pm

This will take about 10 minutes. 4 if you don't need to download the files

I have highlighted some important steps.

-Backup important files (etkey, configs)

-Uninstall the game

-Delete the "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" folder from program files (If the problem is serious or if you want a very CLEAN install)

-Install the game (files can be found somewhere on the clan website (i'll work on that later))
-Install the 2.60 patch (also somewhere on our website)
-Install the 2.60b patch only after you've installed 2.60 patch (just Google "2.60b". It will be in the top of the list)
*if you want to play on ETpro servers (trickjump/clan war servers)
-Run the game from your desktop
-Create your profile
-ENABLE PUNK BUSTER!

-Update PB (the important files needed for taht can be found here: www.evenbalance.com...)

-Connect to 217.163.25.17:27960
-Enjoy Cool
{GTB} URmS
{GTB} URmS

Number of posts : 1506
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Empty Re: Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :)

Post  {GTB} URmS Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Never delete your system32 folder at "C:\WINDOWS\system32". It contains the vital files and folders for your computer to function.

Also it doesn't make your computer go faster if you flip the 230/115 switch to 115. It will fry the power supply and maybe your whole PC.

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Powersupply2-1

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Powersupply2-2

In Europe, the utility power is supplied at a nominal 230 volts at 50 Hz. Always set the power supply voltage switch to 220 or in some cases 230 when operating the computer in Europe. In other areas of the world, such as the United States, the utility power is supplied at 115 volts at 60 Hz. Set the voltage switch to 115 when operating the computer in these areas.

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Powersupply2
{GTB} URmS
{GTB} URmS

Back to top Go down

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) Empty Re: Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :)

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Thank you so much for the walkthrough on the reinstall of the game, but I'm afraid it didn't help. PB has been indeed updated, but still connection fails Razz dunno what it is really, because I can acess the internet (facebook, google, all that crap) anyway.
Oh and when I execute the game it either shows a growing list of server or it might only show me 4 servers that I can't even log in to. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Granny Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

notion, see if you can post a screenshot.

Someone may have had that problem before.
{GTB} Granny
{GTB} Granny
Admin

Number of posts : 1561
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.thegtb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} URmS Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Did you select your connection type when you created your in-game profile? Rolling Eyes
{GTB} URmS
{GTB} URmS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

yup I did select the type of connection.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm afraid there's no point in a screen, granny, because the problem is as I describe it. Sometimes there's a flowing server list (normally that means I can play xD) other times it appears only 5 servers tops and I can't play Razz

and that's how the cookie crumbles! freaking stupid problem...

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Granny Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Hmmm, I'm still not sure what you mean though.

I get a grey screen for a split second when connecting, then game loads.

Maybe it's because I use thismethod to connect.

When you connected a minute ago you showed first as {GTB} notionc the reverted back to notionc before disconnecting.

It looks to me as though you haven't done a full reinstall or notionc would not show.
{GTB} Granny
{GTB} Granny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I get the grey screen too, then game loads.
When I click on "play online", it should appear server on the "server browser" and it doesn't. Sometimes seems like it's raining servers, others it's a freaking drought and no server appears.

When I try to connect to your server through X-Fire it loads but doesn't download the map or whatever it's missing. If that happens, it means I will not be able to play. However, if I can download the maps while trying to acess your server, it means I might be able to play... but then again when I enter I might only be able to play during the current map or the next 2 until I lose connection again.

The only explanation I find to make sense would be my internet connection, but I can acess google and other websites. Oh, that and my lack of intelligence for computer problems --'

Didn't get the reverted back part you said.

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Granny Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:27 pm

I mean when you connected, your name showed as {GTB} notionC.

But then for some reason it changed again to notionc.

I am afraid my knowledge about computers isn't too good either.

(I see you have just successfully connected again as I type this, Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) 525343 )

Maybe try using the shortcut I mentioned in last post.

You could always sign our Guestbook if you can't connect Razz
{GTB} Granny
{GTB} Granny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Stefke555 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:08 am

why not connecting by direct link? You don't have to look for server then.

Just make this shortcut on you're desktop:

"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set net_port 5286 +set net_qport 4849 +connect 217.163.25.17:27960"
{GTB} Stefke555
{GTB} Stefke555

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} birra Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:17 pm

So Urms, if i take my computer to the USA and leave it on 220 will my PC crash?

I never though of that before! Thanks for the tip!
{GTB} birra
{GTB} birra

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} birra Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:18 pm

It happened to me long time ago when sometimes the server list would be inundated with servers and other times there wont by any. Never found it why iy happened though.
{GTB} birra
{GTB} birra

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} URmS Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:58 pm

{GTB} birra wrote:...if i take my computer to the USA and leave it on 220 will my PC crash...

I would never do that to my own PC butt if you get a chance then go for it! Very Happy
{GTB} URmS
{GTB} URmS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:41 pm

When I want to connect to your server, I use X-Fire to do so since it's on the Favorites.
That thing about the "raining server" or "server drought" is just a way for me to tell if I'll be able to play or not Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 am

Great new, guys! cheers

I think I finally solved the problem, even though I didn't exactly know what it was. However, it's like UrmS said, "nothing solves problems like a good reinstall". Along with it, I did a reboot to the pc, poor thing. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, many thanks to all of you who helped with every kind of ideas and dispensed his patience with this topic! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  {GTB} Granny Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:30 am

Nothing solves problems like a good reinstall. :) 246539
{GTB} Granny
{GTB} Granny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down