The {GTB} Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{GTB} NQ 1.2.3
Poll

Do you prefer 8 bots or 12 bots?

High Pings. Vote_lcap57%High Pings. Vote_rcap 57% [ 20 ]
High Pings. Vote_lcap20%High Pings. Vote_rcap 20% [ 7 ]
High Pings. Vote_lcap23%High Pings. Vote_rcap 23% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 35

Gallery

High Pings. Empty
Latest topics
» Nostalgia Dive
High Pings. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 1:41 am by {GTB} Senorankka

» Good ol' days
High Pings. EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Just for fun
High Pings. EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 pm by {GTB} Bloodyfin

» {GTB} FailWizArd
High Pings. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Hackusation!!!
High Pings. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 pm by {GTB} Granny

» Whats your internet speed
High Pings. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm by rathi91

» crimbo
High Pings. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 pm by {GTB} buntski

» O my terribly god,
High Pings. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:22 am by {GTB} Nodrog

» Power out - Official Goodbye :]
High Pings. EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 am by {GTB} birra

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

High Pings.

Go down

High Pings. Empty High Pings.

Post  {GTB} Granny Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 pm

There's a few people that have being experiencing lag the last few days so here's a few simple commands you could try to help you.

/cl_maxpackets The default for this command is 30 but I prefer to boost it a little as the more data you're providing the server with, the smoother your game should be, i run 100 but maybe try doubling the default (60) and see where that gets you.

/rate "25000" This should be your first port of call if you're expericancing lag/latency i'm not entrirely sure what this command does but it does help being set to 25000 on Anarchy (and probably Insanity) rather than 4000 as I saw from someone recently.

/com_maxfps You can limit the amount of FPS you run with this command, or simply turn it off to get the highest possible. However some players feel that the values 43, 76 and 85 get the best game physics.

/r_picmips Feeling desparate, this command trades off FPS with graphics quality in each frame. The range is 1 - 5 (one gives the highest fps and the lowest g. quality, the other the best g. quality and the least FPS, which one is which escapes me at the moment)

If you get bad effects from any of the commands, returning to the default is easy: simply type

/reset "command name" eg:

/reset "cl_maxpackets" and this will set it back, typing the command in console without a value (eg /cl_maxpackets will show you what it's set to.)

Hope this helps some of you a bit, if not reinstall the game

One last thing, to get a full list of the commands with a certain prefix (cl_, r_, cg_), simply type that into the console and press the TAB key and it will give you all the possible commands. If you want a permanent record:

/condump cvars.txt

Will dump your console to cvars.txt in your mod folder, delete the waffle and you'll be left with a hard copy of the console commands to implement in your .cfg file if you want everything 'just so'
{GTB} Granny
{GTB} Granny
Admin

Number of posts : 1561
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.thegtb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

High Pings. Empty Re: High Pings.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:48 pm

That's actually really helpful, thanks gran

Back to top Go down